Friday 3 March 2017


Caramel Bars

When this was requested on my youtube channel I do not have an idea what it was, I am willing to do it but I really would need to taste it to make a copy cat version of Max's caramel bar, so when I got the chance to come home to the Philippines I wasted no time to go to Max restaurant and order a box. 
Re creating this recipe is not hard at all took me about 2 trials to get to this stage that I am happy to share and say that it taste the same as Max  Caramel Bars

I used a Swiss Roll Pan 32x24cm to make the caramel bars but you can use any baking pan as long as the bars is not to thick or else the middle will not cook properly.

For the ingredients 
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2 egg
2 eggyolk
1/2 cup peanuts (I used crushed)
1 cup butter
1 cup powdered milk
1 can (395 g) condensed milk 
2 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cups sugar

Pre heat oven at 160 Deg C Line the  baking pan with parchment paper. 

Dry Ingredients : Combine and sift  salt, flour, baking powder, powdered milk and sugar. 
Add half of the peanuts (reserve half for the toppings) mix all the ingredients together and set aside. 

Wet Ingredients: Melt the butter (make sure to let it cool down) then add the vanilla, eggs and the eggyolks and finally the condensed milk. Stir using a whisk until well combined. 

Combine Dry and wet ingredients mix until well combined (just make sure not to overmix). 

Pour the batter into a prepared baking pan. 
(Tip: since the batter is thick use a spatula dip in water to spread the batter easily and evenly into the pan).

Bake in a preheated oven at 160 Deg C for about 35-40 minutes or until the middle of the caramel slice is cooked or not wet anymore. 

Let it cool down completely before cutting. 

Ps I provided and instructional video for your reference above. 

Please if you have any questions you can ask me on my facebook page. 

Happy baking :D

With love, 
Mysweetambitions :D 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing your recipe:) Just tried it yesterday and it turned out great! soyummy and chewy😋 My nephew loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete