Tuesday 10 February 2015




Ube Bars




Hi guys today I will be sharing my recipe for Ube bars this is my absolute favourite bread and I did not stop trying  to test recipe just to get this one perfect for my liking, so I hope you like it too. 


Ingridients

60 g of melted butter
2/3 cup of evaporated milk
2/3 cup of warm water
1 packet of yeast (8g or 2 1/2 tsp)
1/2 cup of sugar +1 tbsp
1 tbsp of ube flavouring 

For the Syrup: this is what I used in the video but its quite allot I have a  left over you can cut the recipe in half if you prefer

1 tbsp of ube flavouring
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup of water
1 cup of dessicated cococnut (more or less)

Pre heat oven at 180 deg Celcius

  • Combine 1 tbsp of sugar into the warm milk give it a mix and add the packet of yeast give it a stir and set aside.
  • In a bowl combine the wet ingridients ,(the yeast mixture, evaporated milk, melted butter and 1 tbsp of the ube flavouring.)
  • Then add the sugar
  • We can then now gradually add the bread flour start by adding atleast 2 1/2 cups of bread flour then add the salt aswell then start kneading the dough.
  • Once the bread flour is absorb by the liquid ingridients we can now then add the rest of the breadflour, knead the dough for 8-10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.

  • The dough does not need any proofing time so we can bake it straight away. I use my swiss roll pan which is 33x22 cm but you canuse any baking pan you desire. So shape the dough to fit the baking pan , sometime all you need is to stretch the dough by using its own weight to strech it,.
  • Make sure that the dough is equal in thickness so it will bake evenly
  • Scoring the dough is really important step in this bread making, just make a light indent of the dough as to how big you want your  ube bars to be, this will make the cutting easy plus it will provide a vent so the dough can cook properly. 
  • Score the dough horizontally and vertically forming rectangular bars.
  • Bake at at preheated oven at 180 deg C for about 22-25 minutes or until the dough is fully cook.

  • For the Syrup I made quite allot so feel free to half the recipe.
  • Combine the water and ube flavouring and bring to boil
  • Once it boiling turn of the heat and pour it over the powdered sugar
We our now then read to assemble the ube bars

  • Cut the ube bars, (just follow the indents we made before baking . This step is really easy .
  • Soak the ube bars into the syrup for about 3-4 minutes then take it out and drain the excess liquid into a drying rack. 
  • Then finally roll the ube bars into the dessicated coconut
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog if just incase you failed to follow my written instructions I provided a video for you to follow. 


Have a good day and enjoy baking.

Love

My Sweet Ambitions 


No comments:

Post a Comment